Saturday 23 July 2011

Amy Winehouse Has Passed Away...

In what must be the most shocking news of today, Neo-soul artist Amy Winehouse has passed away. The UK singer was only 27 years old.

It was confirmed that the singer was found dead at her North London home this afternoon, but there are no reports on what the cause of the death is. However, most people suspect that it was a drug overdose. 

The five-time Grammy winner has been notorious for her history of drug and alcohol abuse. After spending several sessions in rehab, things seemed to look better for the singer and we all thought that her third album would be coming out. This was truly not the case, as the singer relapsed in May and returned back into rehab.

Last month Amy kicked off her European tour, but received a backlash after appearing intoxicated, resulting in the crowd booing her offstage. The tour was then indefinitely cancelled. She was also warned by doctors that if she did not give up on drinking, she would soon meet her demise. Weeks later, it was reported that she passed out after three separate boozing sessions.

Sadly, doctors were right and now we have lost yet another icon. I was not a huge fan, to the extent that I am of Britney or Janet, but I was a fan nevertheless. Her music was truly phenomenal and I was patiently waiting upon her third album.

Ironically, my friend and I were speaking about her, patiently waiting for her details of her next album. My aunty also recently got “Back To Black”, which I had planned on buying years ago but she beat me to it.

I am deeply saddened by this news and I would like to dedicate this day to her. First the incident in Norway, and now this? When will the world start changing? I will not be doing anymore posts for today and will resume posting tomorrow.

I’ll end this post off with one of my favorite songs from “Back To Black”, “Me And Mr Jones”.


 R.I.P. Amy Winehouse. God bless your friends and family during this difficult time. 14 September 1983 - 23 July 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment