Monday 15 August 2011

Lenny Kravitz Covers Uptown Magazine

Iconic psychedelic star/guitarist/trendsetter Lenny Kravitz lands on the August/September issue of Uptown magazine. The rock God was interviewed for the magazine and appears to be in great shape for a 47 year old man.He will appearing as a fashion stylist called Cinna in the upcoming film "Hunger Games", which is the film adaption of Suzanne Collins' best-selling trilogy.  


You can read the excerpts of the article after the jump.


On relationships: “I am single and open and waiting.”

On his music: “All of my albums are all
 over the place musically. I have a difficult time making a record and staying 
on one path. I just do what I feel, and 
it just comes out.” 
On late friend and mentor Teena Marie: “She would cook a lot. It was her and
 Penny Johnson, Rick James’ little sister. They looked after me, fed me. She took
 me to concerts. She took care of a lot of folks. The big reason why I am here 
[is] because of this sister. She was for real. She was self contained,
a multi-instrumentalist, a writer, producer. She was so talented.” 

On his Jewish/African-American heritage: 
“I was the kid they knew was different. They knew who my parents were
 and would call them Mr. Day and Mrs. Night, or they’d call me zebra. I didn’t stick 
to one group, and I ended up listening to all kinds of music.” 




On seeing the Jackson 5 at Madison Square Garden“I remember all the flash bulbs going off. They sang “The Love You Save” and 
I lost my mind. Aretha Franklin sat next to us; she had on this white fur stole
 with the matching fur hat. The music just hit me.”


Source: [Zionology

No comments:

Post a Comment