Wednesday 18 January 2012

Santigold Imitates M.I.A. While Dissing Lady Gaga And Katy Perry In ''Big Mouth" Video

Santigold
Santigold seems to have been watching too many M.I.A. videos because her new video for “Big Mouth” resembles elements that were seen in M.I.A.’s “Boyz”. Is this another case of the Melina-syndrome?

The animated-filled video showcases Santigold and a duo of women dancing and posing on land, planets, and underneath the sea in this colourful extravaganza. I couldn’t help but get “Rude Boy” vibes from the video as well. Rihanna is going to sue for some royalties I see…

Anyway, I never knew that she was so hot and she has more fierceness in her toe than Beyonce’s entire body. I had to get used to the song, but it’s a winner regardless of the chorus sounding out of place. I knew I smelt a Major Lazer beat once the song played and I could not have been further away from the truth, as the club banger was concocted by Switch and Buraka Som Sistema.

Notice the Lady Gaga and Katy Perry shade?

Her second album Master of My Make-Believe will be released through Downtown Records later this year. Hopefully we get more alternative songs on the album so that Santi can snatch everybody’s wigs again. 


Source: Rap Up

1 comment: