Sunday 14 August 2011

Demi Lovato Reveals Third Album Title "Unbroken", Talks With Elle Magazine


demi lovato elle 2011 issue
Demi Lovato’s stint in rehab definitely served as inspiration for her album which she has decided to call “Unbroken”. The singer revealed the title of her third studio album via her Facebook and Twitter account. "I'm happy to announce the title of my new album: Unbroken!" the former Disney star wrote on Facebook.

The album is scheduled to be released in the United States on September 20, which is preceded by its lead single "Skyscraper" which peaked at No. 10 on Billboard Hot 200.  There has been no other information regarding other tracks on the album, although there are rumours flying around that Missy Elliot and Timbaland will be contributing to the album.

I’m curious to see if Demi will still implement that pop/R&B sound that she intended to do. After she tweeted pictures of her in the studio with Timbaland and Missy, I'm hoping that she surprises everybody and finally ditches the manufactured pop/rock sound.

In other news, the singer has landed a spread in the September issue of Elle magazine. The photo shoot was shot by Daniel King and styled by Christopher Niquet. The shoot only provides me to hunt down Demi and propose to her. 

Read the excerpts from the Elle interview after the jump.


demi lovato elle september 2011 issue

On her problems with tourmate Alex Welch: “I was completely out of line all summer. Just the worst attitude-totally ungrateful… I just felt like she’d betrayed me. That’s the bottom line. When you punch someone on a plane, enough is enough. Right after, I texted my mom and just said, ‘I’m sorry.’ ”

demi lovato elle magazine 2011demi lovato elle september 2011

On her breakup with Joe Jonas: “I wouldn’t credit my meltdown to a guy. There was so much other stuff in my life.”

demi lovato for elle magazinedemi lovato elle magazine

On being bullied as a child: “Those girls never gave me an explanation for why they were bullying me. One of the words they called me was fat. At that age, you think, Oh, so I don’t have friends because I’m fat.”

demi lovato elle magazine issue

On being pictured with cutting marks: “I don’t think I would have been ready to talk about [my problems] then, but I could’ve come up with something better than gummy bracelets. Needless to say, that publicist is no longer with us… (pause). I mean, she’s alive.”

No comments:

Post a Comment